The Aquatic Invaders Attack Pack is a rucksack filled with materials to help teach students and other groups about Great Lakes aquatic invasive species (AIS), the problems they cause and what can be done about them. Each pack includes preserved specimens of some of the most problematic AIS in the Great Lakes, rugged plastic fact sheets and a classroom guide. Additional materials are below. The packs are designed to complement the Nab the Aquatic Invaders! hosted by Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant.
Attack Pack Lesson Plans, from the Great Lakes Sea Grant Network:
- Beat The Barriers
- Don’t Stop For Hitchhikers
- Great Lakes Aquatic Invasives
- Great Lakes Most Unwanted
- Invader Species of the Great Lakes
- Rival for Survival
- Ruffe Musical Chairs lesson
- Seeing Purple: A Population Explosion
- What are the characteristics of the Great Lakes Exotics
The Attack Packs were created by the Wisconsin Sea Grant with Center for Great Lakes Literacy with generous funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.