|Preproposal deadline is 3 p.m., CST, Friday, January 15, 2021|
The University of Wisconsin Sea Grant College Program is inviting research and education project proposals for the next two-year grant period that begins February 1, 2022. Proposals must be led by an investigator who is a faculty member or person with principal investigator status at their institution in the University of Wisconsin System, or other Wisconsin college or university. The process involves two steps:
- Prospective investigators submit a preproposal by 3 p.m. CST, Friday, January 15, 2021. See Guidelines for Preproposals in the Request for Proposals.
- Prospective investigators submit a full proposal by 3 p.m. CDT, Friday, April 30, 2021.
To be eligible to submit a full proposal, applicants MUST submit a preproposal by the preproposal deadline.
All Sea Grant project funds are awarded via a highly competitive process involving external peer reviews and the recommendations of external technical and advisory panels.
Submission of preproposals will be via eDrop, a Web-based proposal submission site hosted by the University of Wisconsin Aquatic Sciences Center (administrative home of the University of Wisconsin Sea Grant College Program). Prior to entering your preproposal in eDrop you need to fill in a Microsoft Word-based preproposal template and CV template. Those templates and full instructions on submitting a preproposal are available now by clicking on the links at the bottom of the page.
Preproposals: 3 p.m., CST, Friday, January 15, 2021. You MUST submit a preproposal by this deadline to be eligible to submit a full proposal.
Full proposals: 3 p.m., CDT, Friday, April 30, 2021.
|2022-24 Wisconsin Sea Grant Omnibus Competition Timeline|
|Nov. 3, 2020||RFP release|
|Nov. 20, 2020||Webinar for prospective PIs|
|Jan. 15, 2021||Preproposals Due|
|February 2021||Preproposal review panels convened|
|end of February 2021||PIs notified, full proposal guidelines released|
|March 19, 2021||Webinar for prospective PIs|
|April 30, 2021||Full proposals due|
|May and June 2021||Peer reviews conducted|
|July 2021||Technical review panels convened|
|August 2021||Advisory Council meeting|
|September/October 2021||Applicants notified of funding decisions|
|Feb. 1, 2022||2022-24 projects begin|
- 2022-24 Request for Proposals (PDF) including detailed Guidelines for Preproposals
- Preproposal Description Template
- CV Template
- eDrop login page
- Webinar for Prospective Investigators: Wisconsin Sea Grant 2022-24 Request for Proposals
- Webinar for Prospective Investigators: Joint Call for Proposals on Harmful Algal Blooms
- For connection information for webinars, send a request to email@example.com at least a day in advance.