As 2020 winds down, we asked staff members at Wisconsin Sea Grant what their favorite project was this year. Although work was a bit more challenging than usual due to our altered work circumstances, everyone managed to stay productive, and even find fulfillment.
Associate Director Jennifer Hauxwell is our first to be featured. Her favorite project is her work with state and federal agencies to find outstanding research fellows to tackle Wisconsin’s water challenges.
Hauxwell says, “I love seeing:
- professional development in technical training, science communications, and stakeholder-engaged science = actionable science!
- the talent and passion that the fellows bring
- the talent and passion of the mentors at the agencies
- progress on state water challenges and
- the Wisconsin Idea in action.”
The image below shows how the fellowship program has evolved under Hauxwell’s care. The number and variety we are able to offer has increased every year. The question marks denote openings we are in the process of filing. We can’t wait to see who will fill those spots.