|Proposal deadline is 3 p.m., CDT, Friday, April 26, 2019|
The University of Wisconsin Sea Grant College Program is inviting research and education project proposals for the next two-year grant period that begins February 1, 2020. The process involves two steps:
- Prospective investigators submit a preproposal by 3 p.m. CST, Friday, January 11, 2019. See Guidelines for Preproposals in the Request for Proposals.
- Prospective investigators submit a full proposal by 3 p.m. CDT, Friday, April 26, 2019.
To be eligible to submit a full proposal, applicants MUST submit a preproposal by the preproposal deadline. All Sea Grant project funds are awarded via a highly competitive process involving external peer reviews and the recommendations of external technical and advisory panels.
Submission of preproposals will be via eDrop, a Web-based proposal submission site hosted by the University of Wisconsin Aquatic Sciences Center (administrative home of the Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute). Prior to entering your preproposal in eDrop you need to fill in a Microsoft Word-based preproposal template and CV template. Those templates and full instructions on submitting a preproposal are available now by clicking on the links below.
Preproposals: 3 p.m., CST, Friday, January 11, 2019. You MUST submit a preproposal by this deadline to be eligible to submit a full proposal.
Full proposals: 3 p.m., CDT, Friday, April 26, 2019.
|2020-22 Wisconsin Sea Grant Omnibus Competition Timeline|
|Nov. 1, 2018||RFP release|
|Nov. 15, 2018||Webinar for prospective PIs|
|Jan. 11, 2019||Preproposals Due|
|late January – February 2019||Preproposal review panels convened|
|end of February 2019||PIs notified, full proposal guidelines released|
|March 11, 2019||Webinar for prospective PIs|
|April 26, 2019||Full proposals due|
|May and June 2019||Peer reviews conducted|
|July 2019||Technical review panels convened|
|August 2019||Advisory Council meeting|
|October 2019||Applicants notified of funding decisions|
|Feb. 1, 2020||2020-22 projects begin|
- 2020-22 Request for Proposals (PDF) including detailed Guidelines for Preproposals
- 2020-22 Full Proposal Guidelines
- eDrop login page
- WI Subcontract Budget Information Form (Excel)
- NOAA DATA SHARING DIRECTIVE POLICY for SG_fillable
- Guidelines for completing the Budget Form
- IL 90-4 Budget form WORD
- Subrecipient Entity Profile
- Subrecipient Letter of Intent
Webinar for Preparing Your Full proposal
View the recording here