boiled potatoes, cooled and diced
yellow onions, finely chopped
smoked U.S.-farmed rainbow trout, flaked into small pieces
garlic cloves, finely chopped
fresh dill, chopped
salt and pepper
fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter begins to melt, add the boiled potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Add remaining butter and onions. Sauté the mix until the onions are translucent.
- Add trout, cream, dill, garlic, and salt and pepper and slowly stir the mix.
- Continue to stir mixture every 3 minutes until potatoes are golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Plate the hash and garnish it with a poached egg and freshly cut chives.
Courtesy of Shedd Aquarium’s Right Bite Program