Wisconsin Sea Grant Frogs: Catch the Frog Quiz
Write down your answers and then check them on
the answers page. A clue for you:
these frogs are hopping in the field guides -- check them out!
1. What frog's loud call can be heard up to a half-mile away?
2. What frog or toad species will puff itself up, urinate and secrete
a mild toxin if you pick it up?
3. What frog can "throw its voice" like a ventriloquust?
4. What frog smells like rotting onions?
5. What frog can cover a horizontal distance up to about 35 times
its body length in a single leap?
6. What frog's legs might end up on your restaurant dinner plate as
7. What frog is particularly sensitive to pollution, and so is hard
copyright 2001 University
of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute